The Clearwater COG is committed to continuing business as usual while implementing strategies to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19. The strategies adopted by the COG align with Governor DeWine’s orders as well as strategies implemented by the County Boards that we serve (Crawford, Erie, Huron, Marion, Morrow, Seneca and Ottawa as well as Boards we are contracted to provide services: Ashland, Hancock, Lucas and Sandusky). The COG has implemented the following strategies:
- Visits to individual homes and provider settings:
- Call no more than 24 hours in advance ahead to verify that no one living in the home has flu-like symptoms, been diagnosed or has a similar contagious illness.
- If so, reschedule the visit for at least 2 weeks later.
- When COG staff are the organizers for events and trainings
- All in-person trainings for the month of March have been postponed.
- When we are the meeting organizer, for In-person meetings involving non-COG personnel:
- We should utilize conference calls and video technology, whenever possible, in place of in-person meetings/gatherings.
- We have conference lines and ZOOM available to use for virtual meetings.
- External Trainings/meetings: If you are scheduled to attend a training or meeting.
- Contact the organizer to determine if the meeting will occur.
- Travel to County Boards and other Agencies:
- It is strongly recommended to call and confirm your visit, before you travel to their locations.
- Be aware that other agencies are implementing temporary protocols about visitors, meetings and travel.
If you have questions or concerns about COG related meetings, events, or trainings please contact Nancy Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org. The COG will also share updates from our county boards on social media and our website in addition to provider blasts.
If you are in need of PPE’s in your county, please feel free to reach out to the following COG contact person, who can assist you with your request:
Crawford – Austin Tuttle, 419-689-3693 or email@example.com
Erie – Paula Washek, 419-357-2870 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Huron – Donna Palazzo, 419-357-9726 or email@example.com
Marion – Stephanie Shank, 419-889-9358 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Morrow – Patti Clements, 740-802-0496 or email@example.com
Ottawa – Amy Lash, 567-262-3153 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Seneca – Rachael Benson, 419-680-6924 or email@example.com
If you need particular supplies or ideas on how to access let us know. If you have questions, you can also contact Nancy Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 419-898-8264.
We have the following, if you need it:
- Pulse oximeters- These are available on loans as needed and will need to be returned when finished using.
- Blue Isolation Gowns
- KN95 Masks
- Face shields
- Masks – handmade cloth ones, medical/surgical (med/surgical should be used by DSPs and individuals if possible)
- N95 (only used by staff working with individuals who are ill).
- Yellow & White Isolation gowns – (for staff working with ill individuals)
- Shoe Covers
- Thermometer disinfecting kits
- Hibiclens wash – (for staff when working with individuals who are ill)
- Protective lab coats
- Hair Caps
- Disinfectant wipes/spray/liquid
- Lysol aerosol spray
- Cotton balls/ cotton swabs
- Toilet paper and paper towels –plentiful—don’t buy we can supply
- $25.00 gift cards to Kroger –for use in event of an emergency (example, an individual has no money available for food)
- Hand sanitizer
- Alcohol swabs
- Spray bottles
- Charmin type bathroom wipes
- Disposable hand towels
- Hand soap
- Protective covers for thermometers – ear and sleeves
******PLEASE SAVE YOUR BOTTLES TO BE REFILLED!