TOPIC: Update — Monthly Rate Calculator
TARGETED AUDIENCE: Providers, SSAS, SSA Directors
The Monthly Rate Calculator (MRC) has been updated to allow for people with disabilities to have a zero cost associated with their waiver services per month when necessary. This would be done if the person is out of the home for an extended period of time.
Staffing patterns on the Homemaker/Personal Care (HPC) calendar and unscheduled services for HPC can be updated to reflect no service(s). Patterns on the HPC calendar would need to reflect that the individual is not receiving services for the days they are not in the home. Services in the unscheduled services for HPC would also need to be end dated to reflect the same.
This change will allow for several things:
- A person remains part of the site and is not required for the person to be moved out of the site to account for the time they are not receiving services.
- The change also allows a two-person MRC site to remain an MRC site and still exempt from Electronic Verification Visit (EVV) when one person is out for an extended stay and remains a resident of the home.
- Zero costs in MRC will allow for non-billable days to be selected for an entire month if a person is admitted to a short-term stay at a nursing facility, ICF, or DC.
- Costs of services will be distributed to those individual’s waivers that are directly benefitting from the staffing provided in the residence.
- Providers will be able to select non-billable days for an entire month for the individual away from residence.
MRC providers need to remember to select the “month complete” box at the end of each month to ensure that the Daily Billing Unit (DBU) is accurately reflecting when utilization is above, within, or below 3 percent.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Michelle Chevalier at (567) 262-3154 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Medicaid Services System (MSS) support at email@example.com.