The Clearwater COG is committed to continuing business as usual while implementing strategies to reduce the risk and spread of COVID-19. The strategies adopted by the COG align with Governor DeWine’s orders as well as strategies implemented by the County Boards that we serve (Crawford, Erie, Huron, Marion, Morrow, Seneca and Ottawa as well as Boards we are contracted to provide services: Ashland, Hancock, Lucas and Sandusky). The COG has implemented the following strategies:
- Visits to individual homes and provider settings:
- Call no more than 24 hours in advance ahead to verify that no one living in the home has flu-like symptoms, been diagnosed or has a similar contagious illness.
- If so, reschedule the visit for at least 2 weeks later.
- When COG staff are the organizers for events and trainings
- All in-person trainings for the month of March have been postponed.
- When we are the meeting organizer, for In-person meetings involving non-COG personnel:
- We should utilize conference calls and video technology, whenever possible, in place of in-person meetings/gatherings.
- We have conference lines and ZOOM available to use for virtual meetings.
- External Trainings/meetings: If you are scheduled to attend a training or meeting.
- Contact the organizer to determine if the meeting will occur.
- Travel to County Boards and other Agencies:
- It is strongly recommended to call and confirm your visit, before you travel to their locations.
- Be aware that other agencies are implementing temporary protocols about visitors, meetings and travel.
If you have questions or concerns about COG related meetings, events, or trainings please contact Nancy Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org. The COG will also share updates from our county boards on social media and our website in addition to provider blasts.